[R-sig-Geo] create a triangular grid ?

Fernando Paim fernandopaim at paim.pro.br
Fri Sep 30 19:16:29 CEST 2016

Hi Don,

Thanks for the tips, will work.

Greetings

Fernando Paim

Em 30.09.2016 13:02, MacQueen, Don escreveu:

> spsample(
type='hexagonal') will generate points in what some might call
triangular grid.

> They'll just be independent points, with no
underlying structure declaring
> them to be a grid, but at least you'll
have them.

> sp::over() may help you trim a rectangular grid;
?sp::over has an example
> applying it to a grid.
>
> -Don
>
> --

Don MacQueen

> Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
> 7000 East
Ave., L-627
> Livermore, CA 94550
> 925-423-1062
>
> On 9/30/16, 4:26
AM, "R-sig-Geo on behalf of Fernando Paim"

<r-sig-geo-bounces at r-project.org on behalf of
fernandopaim at paim.pro.br>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone, I need to
create a triangular grid for kriging. I've tried with makegrid,
expand.grid but with just a rectangular grid. I have not been able to
find a method to trim the rectangular grid to the newdata same shape of
the original data, is this possible? The data (x,y,z) are available in
http://www.paim.pro.br/downloads/dados.csv [1] Can anyone help? Thanks
in advance, Fernando Paim [[alternative HTML version deleted]]