[R-sig-Geo] create a triangular grid ?

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Fri Sep 30 18:02:10 CEST 2016

 spsample( type='hexagonal') will generate points in what some might call
a triangular grid.

They'll just be independent points, with no underlying structure declaring
them to be a grid, but at least you'll have them.

sp::over() may help you trim a rectangular grid; ?sp::over has an example
applying it to a grid.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627
Livermore, CA 94550
925-423-1062

On 9/30/16, 4:26 AM, "R-sig-Geo on behalf of Fernando Paim"
<r-sig-geo-bounces at r-project.org on behalf of fernandopaim at paim.pro.br>