[R-sig-Geo] Error with gstat::predict [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Mon Oct 31 08:57:58 CET 2016

On 31/10/16 05:09, Li Jin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to use the predict{gstat}  function in one of my functions for a R package. I use RStudio to make the package. When I specified gstat::predict in the function, I received the following error:
>
> Error: 'predict' is not an exported object from 'namespace:gstat'

gstat exports 'predict' as an S3method; if it would export 'predict' as
an object, this would hide the generic in package stats.

The solution to your problem is to not put prepend 'predict' with
gstat::, but instead rely on S3 method dispatch.

The actual, un-exported function called is gstat:::predict.gstat, but it
is discouraged to call that directly.