[R-sig-Geo] Access to google drive account using RGoogleDocs

Paolo Piras paolo.piras at uniroma3.it
Fri Oct 21 13:32:02 CEST 2016

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this topic could be appropriate here as it is not properly geostatistical but maybe someone could help me

I have a shared space on google drive with some colleagues; I would like to access there from R and to list files in the folders and eventually to load some data into R.

I know that RGoogleDocs package allows it but it seems not working when I try to login using

auth = getGoogleAuth("mygmail at gmail.com","mypasword",service="wise")
I have:
"Error: not found"

I found an old post where other people experienced the same problem but a solution was not present there.
Maybe there are other packages such as googlesheets but my primary purpose is to list files present in the folder.
Anyway...thanks in advance for any hint
All the best
Paolo