[R-sig-Geo] Kriging with uncertain data

Bede-Fazekas Ákos bfalevlist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 10:42:55 CEST 2016

Dear Santiago,

in this case I would interpolate/krige the uncertainty as well. Since
uncertainty might have different distribution, different covariates, and
different spatial autocorrelation than those of the measured value, I
would build a new kriging model (fit new semivariogram, etc.) and
interpret the predicted values of krige() as the predicted measurement
uncertainty. I'll have now two uncertainty maps: one is the
interpolation uncertainty (variance from the result of the
krige(measurement)) and the other is the interpolated measurement
uncertainty (predicted values from the result of krige(uncertainty)).
Afterwards, these two can be combined or can be used separately as well.

Have a nice day,
Ákos