[R-sig-Geo] R - QGIS integration

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Mon Nov 21 17:52:19 CET 2016

I won't be able to help you in detail, but here's an outline.

Install and learn the rgdal package to get the SHP files into R.

Presumably your csv files have coordinates, in the same coordinate system
as the shapefiles.

Load the CSV files into R in the usual way, presumably resulting in data
frames.

Desirable, but perhaps not absolutely necessary: convert the data frames
into Spatial class objects; probably each will become a
SpatialPointsDataFrame.

plot( {a polygon shapefile object} )
plot( {a point shapefile object} , add=TRUE)
plot( {a SpatialPointsDataFrame} , add=TRUE)

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627
Livermore, CA 94550
925-423-1062

On 11/21/16, 1:40 AM, "R-sig-Geo on behalf of Domagoj Culinovic"
<r-sig-geo-bounces at r-project.org on behalf of culinovic.domagoj at gmail.com>