[R-sig-Geo] Generate CDL (metadata) for NetCDF files?

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 04:39:30 CET 2016

Hi Melanie,

Undoubtedly, there is an R only solution, but I find it far easier to use
GRASS GIS with the r.out.gdal command. A simple bash shell script can do
this. I just verified this with an arbitrary region over N America from a
global dataset of the Canadian CMC ensemble numerical weather prediction
modeling system. The original data I had imported into GRASS was grib2
format...

Best,
Tom