[R-sig-Geo] Generate CDL (metadata) for NetCDF files?

Bacou, Melanie mel at mbacou.com
Mon Nov 14 04:07:25 CET 2016

Hi,
I need to generate a large series of NetCDF files (over 800) and I'm
trying to follow good metadata practices per
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/files.html.

Could some of you suggest an approach to:
1) add projection information to .nc files (using raster::writeRaster or
another R package, or else another command-line utility), and
2) add variable metadata to .nc files and/or create auxiliary CDL files
using R?

It's not obvious to me reading rgdal and raster documentation.
Many thanks, --Mel.

--
Melanie BACOU
International Food Policy Research Institute
E-mail m.bacou at cgiar.org
Visit  www.harvestchoice.org