[R-sig-Geo] spatial data with binomial distribution

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Fri May 20 15:04:50 CEST 2016

Dear Daniela,

You could first generate a grid with the mean proportion on the logit
scale. You can use grf() to do that since the mean in the logit scale is
linear like the normal distribution. In step 2 you backtransform from the
logit scale to the original scale. E.g. with plogis(). Step 3 generates
binomial values based on the proportions from step 2. E.g. with rbinom().

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest
Kliniekstraat 25