[R-sig-Geo] analysis of point patterns

Lars-Daniel Weber Lars-Daniel.Weber at gmx.de
Wed Jun 29 23:02:15 CEST 2016

Hi there!

I've got a road network (polylines) with points on it as geodata. The points have quality measurements of the paving within a distance of 10 to 20 metres. I'd like to run a analysis on these points to detect autocorrelation and hot spots with good and bad paving quality: high-high (etc). Local Moran's I might be a good solution from my point of view.

I thought of creating 5 classes of quality from 1 (bad) to 6 (perfect) and put it into Local Moran's I. Is this a good approach to get some analysis out of the data?

Which packages would you suggest? Or would it be better to write it on my own? I can export the point data to LAT;LON;CLASS to do easy processing in R.

Best regards,
Lars-Daniel Weber