[R-sig-Geo] How to create an ellipse buffer using SpatialPointsDataFrame?

Florian Betz FloBetz at web.de
Wed Jun 29 09:35:12 CEST 2016

Dear Isaque,

you could check out the v.buffer module in GRASS GIS which has a buffer
distance for a major and minor axis. I never tried it out, but maybe
this is what you are looking for...

You can run the GRASS commands also from R using the rgrass7 package.

1) Initialize the R-GRASS connection using initGRASS()
2)running the v.buffer module via execGRASS(cmd="v.buffer", ...)

Regards,

Flo