[R-sig-Geo] Plotting USA map with each state's shape or size reflective of a metric

Vinh Nguyen vinhdizzo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 15:57:22 CEST 2016

I was able to find examples (some from R bloggers) after googling R
cartograms. Thanks Nick and Chris.

Shapefiles did show up relative to metric, but they look very distorted and
I'm not sure it conveys information the best way possible.

Anyone run into hexbin examples or something similar to the original post?
That is, not necessarily shapefiles. Approximate location and shapes are
fine. Thanks!