[R-sig-Geo] dclf.test output.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jul 28 01:49:30 CEST 2016

(1) It would then appear to be the case that points of types B and D
*do* tend to cluster together despite your expectations.

(2) What is the appearance of an envelope plot just for the Kcross
function between B and D?

(3) If these ideas don't clear up the problem, perhaps you could make
the data set available to me, off-list, and I could have a go at
exploring the pattern and see if I can understand what's going on.

(4) It is always possible that there is something that I haven't
properly comprehended in respect of these issues.  In particular I now
feel a little bit nervous about the fact that as it stands your test is
based on simulations of patterns that are CSRI (completely spatially
random with independence of types).  It might be the case that this is
inappropriate.  I'll have to think about this a bit more.

(5) I am a bit puzzled by the fact that you get "the same results" when
you use alternative="greater".  Generally a one-sided test should yield
a smaller p-value than a two-sided test when the data are "pointing in
the direction of the alternative hypothesis".

E.g.:

set.seed(42)
E <- envelope(ants,fun=Kcross,i="Cataglyphis",j="Messor",
               savepatterns=TRUE)
dclf.test(E) # Gives a p-value of 0.7
dclf.test(E,alternative="greater") # gives a p-value of 0.23

cheers,

Rolf

--
Technical Editor ANZJS