[R-sig-Geo] mapping of administrative areas to postal codes

Richa Agarwal agaricha at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 21:43:17 CET 2016

Thanks very much Roger.

Guys, Any insights on how can we map postal code in a country to the
administrative areas (for which shape files are available at GADM).
Example: For Singapore for level 1 areas GADM has 5 regions however when I
plot them they don't necessarily match with 5 regions explained on say
Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_divisions_of_Singapore