[R-sig-Geo] Elevation profiles

Alexander Shenkin ashenkin at ufl.edu
Mon Jan 25 12:58:23 CET 2016

Hello All,

I've done this in ArcMAP, but further requirements are making it harder
to do it there, so was hoping I can do it in R.

I have SRTM DEM rasters, and want to create an elevation profile. This
profile is drawn along a polyline connecting 10 GPS points.  I was able
to do all that in arcmap.  Now, however, I want to create the profile
from an average elevation drawn from a swath of arbitrary width, rather
than by just a line.  I hope this makes sense.

Apologies for not including reproducible code here - I'm hoping there's
enough here to point me in a direction in terms of packages and
algorithms regardless.  Thanks in advance.

Allie