[R-sig-Geo] Need help with L.I.S.A. Moran I , Geary C, and Getis Ord statistics in R spdep package

Mike Jadoo mike_jadoo at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 02:25:14 CET 2016

 Hello,
I am working on a project on how to explain in R the steps that is needed to produce the Moran I, Geary C, and Getis Ord.
 I am using a dataset that has  lat/ long coordinates and it appears I need to convert the lat long variables into a neighbor list (nb) [I used the dnearneigh function to do that] then convert that table into spatial weights to make it a class listw and then use either the localmoran(), localg(), and others.
So my questions, using a lat long dataset is the procedure I just explained the correct process before I put these tables into the LISA functions?(currently I am using Luc Anselin paper "Data and Spatial Weights in spdep", to help me)
Any help would be great.
Best,
Mike Jadoo