[R-sig-Geo] mapcircles help

Timothée Giraud timothee.giraud at ums-riate.fr
Mon Jan 11 12:17:44 CET 2016

Hi,
As maintainer of the rCarto package, my advice would be to switch to the
cartography package (of which I am also maintainer) and the
propSymbolsLayer function in it. Examples and the vignette will help you
through the mapping process.

My turn to ask for an advice:
rCarto was my first package and after a while we decide to build an
other, better, thematic mapping package (i.e. the cartography package).
cartography is much more R-ish in its use of the graphic device, offers
more kinds of maps and has more options to customize the maps.
So my question is: what should I do with rCarto? Remove it from CRAN?
Deprecate all functions in it? Add a visible comment to incite users to
switch to cartography?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim