[R-sig-Geo] mapcircles help

Mistry, Krishan km314 at student.le.ac.uk
Mon Jan 11 10:56:53 CET 2016

Dear Sirs/Madame,

I have a spatial polygons data frame and want to map proportional circles on it. I have tried using the map circles function in rCarto as seen below but it doesn't seem to work an continues to show errors. Do I need to convert the spatial polygons data frame to a shapefile if so I would I do this?

mapCircles(shpFile, shpId, df, dfId, var,
          fixedNorm = FALSE, shareOfCircles = 0.02,
          radiusMax = 0.5, valueMax = max(df[, var], na.rm = TRUE),
          lgdRnd = 0, posLeg = "bottomleft",
          circleCol = "#FD8D3C", baseCol = "#FFEDA0",
          title = var, legend = var, author = "author", sources = "sources",
          scalebar = FALSE, scalebarSize, scalebarText,
          northArrow = FALSE, northArrowSize,
          width = NULL, height = NULL, txtCex = NULL)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Krish