[R-sig-Geo] Problems with mapmisc::insetMap()

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 18:26:28 CET 2016

Hi!

When I make an insetMap for an small country, I get a very
uggly "X" marking its position:

require(rgdal)
require(raster)
require(mapmisc)
nica <- getData("GADM", country="NIC", level=0)
nicabg <- openmap(nica, path="landscape")
map.new(nicabg, 0.7,mar=c(2, 2, 2, 0) + 0.1)
plot(nicabg,axes=TRUE)
plot(nica,add=TRUE)
insetMap(nica,"bottomleft", width=0.3)

is there a way to set another symbol or at least making it smaller?

Also, despite the help page says that
"Additional arguments passed to legend" are accepted, I do not find
any to actually work.
For example, cannot set the exact values of x,y for positioning the
inset map. And cannot use locate() to put it wherever I want to.

Thanks

Agus