[R-sig-Geo] Population-weighted Centroids of Polygons in R

Sohrab Abbasnejad sohrab.abbasnejad at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 21:14:21 CET 2016

Hi Loïc,

Thank you so much for your reply. I went through the approach that you have already proposed. I believe it's a great idea.
I'd like to emphasize that the coordinates of the centroid of each block is available. The idea is how to relate these centroids to the corresponding population of the blocks (which are all inside a larger polygon, of course) and to find a global centroid for the large polygon which could reflect the effect of the population density in the blocks.
I also wonder if I can find way to compute the "weighted average" using a kind of distance function.

In this regard, any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,Sohrab