[R-sig-Geo] Leaflet and R - web map

Tim Appelhans tim.appelhans at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 08:40:06 CEST 2016

On 30.08.2016 01:51, Jaya Krishnan wrote:
> HI,
>
> I've been trying to make an interactive web map using leaflet package in R.
> Just have a couple of issues.
> 1. Is it possible to get a popup on hover (mouseover) instead of the
> default click?
Nope, not with the current implementation of leaflet. The only thing you
can get on hover are labels (which are just a character vector, so if
your desired popup is only a word or two this could be an option)
> 2. Is it possible to remove the zoom button?
Nope, not with the current implementation of leaflet
> 3. If not in R, is it possible to do the above in the output html?
I am not sure about the html output file, but I am sure there are ways
to achieve what you want with some additional JavaScript. The best place
to ask such a question would be StackOverflow. Many more htmlwidgets
people lurk around there than they do on this mailing list.

HTH
Tim

> Thanks!
>
> Jaya
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

#####################################
Tim Appelhans
Department of Geography
Environmental Informatics
Philipps Universität Marburg
Deutschhausstraße 12
Raum 00A08
35032 Marburg (Paketpost: 35037 Marburg)
Germany

Tel +49 (0) 6421 28-25957

http://environmentalinformatics-marburg.de/