[R-sig-Geo] Fwd: Fwd: coercing marmap bathy object to raster spanning the antimeridian

Fischbach, Anthony afischbach at usgs.gov
Mon Apr 25 22:06:59 CEST 2016

Thanks to guidance from Benoit Simon-Bouhet, I see that by setting the
projectRaster flag over to TRUE

   aleu.r.geo<-marmap::as.raster(aleu, over=TRUE)

and using a projection with the longitude of origin set to be 190;  I get
the desired raster that extends across the antimeridian even when projected
to the azimuthal equidistant projection.

   prj.StudyArea <- CRS("+proj=aeqd +lat_0=55 +lon_0=*190"*)
 #Azimuthal Equidistant -170, 55