[R-sig-Geo] Data sets for teaching spatial analysis in R

Andy Bunn Andy.Bunn at wwu.edu
Mon Apr 25 05:07:03 CEST 2016

Hi all, I'm teaching a five week unit for environmental science grad students on spatial analysis in R. It's kind of a blitz of methods to let them see the kinds of analyses that are commonly used in spatial analysis. We cover spatial autocorrelation, point patterns, interpolation, and spatial regression. They work through examples in R throughout and I like to provide them with an interesting variety of data sets to work with - e.g., we use the Meuse River data quite a bit and read from Bivand et al. 2013 - so we use some of the data from that as well.  I'd love to hear about data sets that some of you might use to teach spatial in R. I have students in the class that have interests ranging from marine ecology, to toxicology, to wildlife. So a great blend of students and interests.

Many thanks for tips,

-Andy