[R-sig-Geo] source of Bivand reference to 1986 Medicaid data

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Sep 25 20:17:47 CEST 2015

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015, Jochen Albrecht wrote:

> A student of mine, who not only carefully read Roger's chapter in Fischer &
> Getis (2009) *Handbook of Applied Spatial Data Analysis* but then also
> wanted to explore the code snippets, pointed out to me that a data set
> referenced in that chapter does not seem to have a web presence.
> Does anyone on this group know of the Medicaid 1986 program quality scores
> data and where to find it on the Web? I have found later references to
> others who have worked with this data, which leads me to believe that it
> was originally compiled by the Public Citizen Health Research Group but
> their web site search tool also has no pointers to the data itself.

The data are from:

Jacoby, William G. (1997) Statistical Graphics for Univariate and
Bivariate Data. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.

I've put a copy of both the simulated data and Jacoby's tabulation of PQS
added to a shapefile on:

http://spatial.nhh.no/misc/jacoby.zip

Hope this helps,

Roger

PS. I did ask about providing code and data for the handbook, but the
publisher was not then interested.