[R-sig-Geo] Gstat 'polylines' implemented in R?

Tim Peterson timjp at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Sep 4 06:31:45 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I'm keen to use the gstat feature 'polylines' (appendix B in
http://www.gstat.org/gstat.pdf) to restrict the point sample selection
to within a polygon. That is, when undertaking localised kriging at a
grid cell, samples are only used in the estimation if a line between the
sample and grid cell does not cross a polygon boundary. The polylines
feature appears to be implemented within the c-code for gstat
(polygon.c) but I cannot find any means to use it within R-gstat nor any
mention on lists. Any tips would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Tim

----------------------
Dr. Tim Peterson

The Department of Infrastructure Engineering
The University of Melbourne, 3010 Australia
T: +61 3 8344 9950 <tel:%2B61%203%208344%209950>, M: +61 0438 385 937
<tel:%2B61%200438%20385%20937>

Dept. profile :
http://www.ie.unimelb.edu.au/people/staff.php?person_ID=141135
Research Gate : https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Tim_Peterson7