[R-sig-Geo] rgdal issues

englishchristophera at gmail.com englishchristophera at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:59:40 CEST 2015

Hi Chris,I believe the discussion and fix from early September relate to the interactions for calculations of things like distance between rgeos::gDistance, rgdal, and the projections in the (package) proj4  '.dat' file. This may have already been fixed and updating proj4 might do it. Otherwise it remains writing the proj4 .dat file to the recommended location in the fix.As your cluster maintainer has permissions to do things you can't, is more fluent in things linux, then perhaps just providing them with a link to the discussion would do the trick as it is not a cluster issue  (afaik) but merely writing a file in the right place.HTHChris

LG Mobile dan gönderildi
------ Original message------From: Chris SUtherlandDate: Tue, Oct 6, 2015 21:02To: r-sig-geo at r-project.org;Cc: Subject:[R-sig-Geo] rgdal issues
Hello group, My abilities:I use a Linux cluster sometime to parallelize some simulations.  I am notextremely familiar with linux and there is someone who does the maintenanceof the cluster; I just know how to get R to do the things I need.  My problem:I recently asked for some packages to be updated, including 'rgda', 'sp' and'rgeos', and since then, I have trouble executing spatial functions.Specifically I get the error: R: GeometryComponentFilter.cpp:35: virtual voidgeos::geom::GeometryComponentFilter::filter_ro(const geos::geom::Geometry*):Assertion `0' failed.Aborted.  Which kicks me out of R. This happens specifically for gDistance(). I sawthat this issue was discussed early in September and a fix was proposed -but I'm afraid I didn't really follow how to actually implement the fix orwhere exactly to put the missing .dat file. Anyway, my question is this: does anybody have a workaround for this issue,specifically some instruction I can pass on to the folks that centrallymaintain our Linux cluster. Thanks in advance Chris  	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]_______________________________________________R-sig-Geo mailing listR-sig-Geo at r-project.orghttps://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo