[R-sig-Geo] problem with sp.layout in latest version of sp

Tim Appelhans tim.appelhans at gmail.com
Mon May 18 14:24:34 CEST 2015

Dear list,
a while ago I implemented a function (rgb2spLayout) to convert an RGB
RasterBrick/*Stack to a list which can then be used with spplot via the
sp.layout argument in order to e.g. plot points on a Bing/Google Earth
image. The code for the function is based on this blogpost:

https://procomun.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/stamen-maps-with-spplot/

and the function is part of a package called "Rsenal" and can be found here:

https://github.com/environmentalinformatics-marburg/Rsenal/blob/master/R/rgb2spLayout.R

This has been working like a charm until the latest update of sp from
1.0-17 to 1.1-0. According to the change log (and the comparison of the
spplot.R sources for the two versions), there have been some changes to
spplot, including changes to sp.layout. The spicific error message I now
get when I run the example from ?rgb2spLayout is

"Error using packet 1 unused argument (first = FALSE)"

I cannot figure out why things go haywire now, so any hints regarding a
fix for this would be much appreciated.

Best
Tim

--