[R-sig-Geo] Problem reading a HDF5 file with readGDAL in Windows

Oscar Perpiñan oscar.perpinan at gmail.com
Wed May 6 07:44:31 CEST 2015

Hi,

> Are you sure you have the HDF5 driver in Windows?  Do you build yourself
> against your own GDAL or against OSGeo4W?  (It's not in the CRAN
> windows-build).

I will check it later.

This is the error the CRAN build gives (though it's actually not
> recognizing the driver):
>
> "... does not exist in the file system, and is not recognised as a
> supported dataset name."

Exactly. And if I run traceback() after it, I find that it's the
'GDAL.open' function that is giving the error. In the error message I see
that the 'normalizePath' function is changing the variable name. For
example, if I use a file with a variable named "//DSSF", it gives:
"C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpsD81tO\HDF5:201407291200:\DSSF"

Thanks

Oscar.