[R-sig-Geo] Problem reading a HDF5 file with readGDAL in Windows

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:21:17 CEST 2015

Are you sure you have the HDF5 driver in Windows?  Do you build yourself
against your own GDAL or against OSGeo4W?  (It's not in the CRAN
windows-build).

This is the error the CRAN build gives (though it's actually not
recognizing the driver):

"... does not exist in the file system, and is not recognised as a
supported dataset name."

(gdalinfo works fine with your subdataset string here on my Windows8 with
OSGeo4W. )

Cheers, Mike.