[R-sig-Geo] categorical values in im-objects (spatstat/ppm)

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 10 00:55:04 CET 2015

I cannot make head nor tail of your question.

I don't understand your use of eval.im() --- that function is
intended to do calculations on objects that are (already) of class "im".

E.g. if X is an image with real positive pixel values then

    Y <- eval.im(sqrt(Y))

is an image whose pixel values are the square roots of the corresponding
pixel values from X.

The help for im() in spatstat explains pretty clearly how to create a
factor valued image.

I tried to have a look at the data to which you gave a link at the end
of your email.  The "owin.csv" file has 44 lines, all but 6 of which are
missing.  If the missing lines are eliminated the resulting window looks
like a triangle, despite having 6 vertices.

Of the 224 points in "events.csv", 208 fall outside the window referred
to above.

We can't really advise you about "zones" unless you provide "zones"
which you seem not to have done.

I suggest that you back off, get a coherent story together, provide a
complete and consistent set of data, and then ask again.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Rolf Turner