[R-sig-Geo] Pre-GDAL 2: rgdal changes

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Jun 6 13:09:41 CEST 2015

Thanks for being willing to help! It may be worth asking William
Kyngesburye whether he has tried building a GDAL 2.0.0 framework - the
first release candidate was released yesterday (and yes, rgdal 1.0-2
passes check under Fedora with yesterday's GDAL 2.0.0 RC1). If he is
willing, you would be a tester helping him too. The release of GDAL 2 is
impending (actually, it was meant to follow 1.9, but got held up).

Roger

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, MacQueen, Don wrote:

> Roger (and others),
>
> I'm able to use my laptop, a Mac OS X running 10.9.5, as a testbed, so as
> not to disrupt my current work on my desktop machine.
>
> Thus far, my attempt to install GDAL 2 from source failed. I'm not sure
> where best to ask for help on that, and I'm more of a user than a
> developer. I don't consider myself to be very good at this kind of thing.
> So suggestions for where best to ask questions on that aspect would be
> welcome. When I do ask, I will of course include details.
>
> I have been using William Kyngesburye's framework builds for years now, so
> this testing will mean I'll have a mixture, such as proj.4 from a
> framework and GDAL 2 installed from sources. I'm not sure how much this
> will affect installation -- but I'm optimistic it will be not much.
>
> Thanks
> -Don

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 91 00
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no