[R-sig-Geo] Pre-GDAL 2: rgdal changes

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Fri Jun 5 21:22:27 CEST 2015

Roger (and others),

I'm able to use my laptop, a Mac OS X running 10.9.5, as a testbed, so as
not to disrupt my current work on my desktop machine.

Thus far, my attempt to install GDAL 2 from source failed. I'm not sure
where best to ask for help on that, and I'm more of a user than a
developer. I don't consider myself to be very good at this kind of thing.
So suggestions for where best to ask questions on that aspect would be
welcome. When I do ask, I will of course include details.

I have been using William Kyngesburye's framework builds for years now, so
this testing will mean I'll have a mixture, such as proj.4 from a
framework and GDAL 2 installed from sources. I'm not sure how much this
will affect installation -- but I'm optimistic it will be not much.

Thanks
-Don

--
Don MacQueen