[R-sig-Geo] Limit number of digits in writeOGR

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Wed Jul 29 14:00:47 CEST 2015

On 07/29/2015 01:42 PM, pierluigi de rosa wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have a SpatialPointDataFrame
> with this code I'm able to export a shape file:
>
> writeOGR(fogli_sup_10d_pioggia,".","fogli_sup_10d_pioggia",driver="ESRI
> Shapefile")
>

> It is possible to limit number of digits?

Pierluigi, I believe that the files written are binary files, so there
are no number of digits, really. Of course you can apply round() to your
data, prior to exporting, to round your data. Does it concern
attributes, or coordinates?

--
Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi),  University of Münster,