[R-sig-Geo] Error installing 'rgdal' on Centos 7

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Fri Jan 16 11:40:08 CET 2015

Dear Manuel,

The underlying problem is that you have problems installing the GDAL library on your system. Without GDAL you cannot install rgdal on Linux OS. You need to provide more information on why it is impossible to install GDAL on your system.

Best regards,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be
To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data. ~ John Tukey