[R-sig-Geo] raster temporal files

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 13:37:39 CET 2015

It is relevant, but it is not the problem I'm describing:
I refer to the temporary files that correspond to R raster objects that
have been deleted.
My understanding is that the paragraph you include refers to
raster objects that have not been deleted and are saved between
sessions in the .RData. If you open a new session after the value
tmptime has been exceeded, the actual values for the raster object will
not be there. But this is not the issue I'm referring to now.

What I thought is that deleting a raster object from the workspace implied
deleting the corresponding temporary file from disk. I observe that this
is not the case and would like to know if this is the normal and intentional
behavior.

Agus