[R-sig-Geo] Local indicators for categorical data - spatial analysis

Guilherme Ottoni g.ottoni at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:55:25 CET 2015

I think the last e-mail was not ideally configured for the list, so
I'm re-sending it. Sorry if it duplicates.

Hi listers,

I'm in the final sprint at my thesis in poverty and I would like to
try to find clusters, like LISA's clusters, for vulnerability to
poverty. However, my data is categorical, 3 categories, and LISA suits
better in continuous data.

I have been searching about any software or script which executes the
join-count test for 3 categories at individual level. In other words,
a LISA ,or LICD as Boots named it in the paper Developing Local
Measures of Spatial Association for Categorical Data.

All I have found so far is the Join-Count statistic for the whole data.

Does anyone know if something has already been done at this area?

PS: sorry for the grammar errors.

Guilherme