[R-sig-Geo] Local indicators for categorical data - spatial analysis

Guilherme Ottoni g.ottoni at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:10:06 CET 2015

Hi listers,

I'm in the final sprint at my thesis in poverty and I would like to try to
find clusters, like LISA's clusters, for vulnerability to poverty. However,
my data is categorical, 3 categories, and LISA suits better in continuous
data.

I have been searching about any software or script which executes the
join-count test for 3 categories at individual level. In other words, a
LISA ,or LICD as Boots named it in the paper Developing Local Measures of
Spatial Association for Categorical Data.

All I have found so far is the Join-Count statistic for the whole data.

Does anyone know if something has already been done at this area?

PS: sorry for the grammar errors.

Guilherme