[R-sig-Geo] block and output grid size in block kriging

subash subbu_843 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 9 20:48:33 CET 2015

Dear Group,

I was using bock kriging  for groundwater level data. I was wondering, if
the output.grd size and the block size can be different.

For example, In the example for the case given below, I need block kriged
average of 5000x5000. The output grid size given is 1000m*1000m. Is it
correct?

Or should the output.grd size also be 5000mx5000m as in block size?

# IMP : There are the centre coordinates for block kriging and not corner
coordiantes.
Xmin = 581000 + 2500
/Xmax = 711000 - 2500
Ymin = 1266000 + 2500
Ymax = 1371000 - 2500

output.grd = expand.grid(x=seq(from=Xmin, to=Xmax,by=1000),y=seq(from=Ymin,
to=Ymax, by=1000))
coordinates(output.grd) = c("x", "y")
gridded(output.grd) = TRUE

krig =
krige(borewell.piezo[,3]~1,location~Easting+Northing,data=borewell.piezo,newdata=output.grd,model
= vario.fit,block=c(5000,5000))/

Thanks & Regards,
Subash