[R-sig-Geo] GWmodel package error

Metastate Metastate metastate at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 16:37:56 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am applying the GWmodel R package on my GWR analysis of the impact of
weather on the county-level crop yield. There are  about 2342 counties in
my analysis. But I got 2 errors for some variables as shown below. Would
you please help me out? Really appreciate for your any kindly help or
suggestion.

(1). Does the error below occur because the max_temperature_above 87F
(max_Tsfc_GT_86F_8) did not have enough unique (heterogeneous) levels? If
so, What is the minimum unique levels an independent variable should has to
avoid such error?

[1] "max_Tsfc_GT_86F_8"

[1] 30: the number of the unique levels of "max_Tsfc_GT_86F_8"

Error in solve.default(t(X * W.i) %*% X) :

  system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number =
2.04023e-19

There is another similar one:

[1] "min_Tsfc_LT_32F_8"

[1] 6

Error in solve.default(t(X * W.i) %*% X) :

  Lapack routine dgesv: system is exactly singular: U[2,2] = 0

(2). One county in my dataset does not have value of "Qsoil_40_100_7". So,
I guess the error is due to the missing value. Am I right?

[1] "Qsoil_40_100_7"

[1] 1338

Error in cov.wt(matrix(y, ncol = 1), wt = rep(as.numeric(1), dp.n),
method = "ML") :

  length of 'wt' must equal the number of rows in 'x'

Really appreciate!

Meta