[R-sig-Geo] using 'mask' versus 'crop' in raster

Matt Strimas-Mackey strimas at zoology.ubc.ca
Mon Aug 10 20:48:02 CEST 2015

Seems like you may have some other function called mask either defined by
you or in another package loaded after raster. A couple things you could
check:
-just type "mask" (without quotes) in the console. The first line should
say something like:
standardGeneric for "mask" defined from package "raster"
-try raster::mask(ens, conus) to directly access mask in the raster package
-Install and load the pryr package and run "pryr::where(mask)" (again,
without quotes) to see which environment mask is located in