[R-sig-Geo] densify geometries

chris english englishchristophera at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 07:23:14 CEST 2015

Mike,

I use rgeos::gBuffer for polygons akin to what you're seeking. Looking at
the implementation of the
quadsegs argument might aid you.  Don't know what to suggest for lines
though I'm thinking the
aggregation process in Trajectories might be of use.  I realize that
aggregation suggests reducing
rather than densifying but there many be an opportunity to inject arbitrary
'between' points to densify
to lines.
HTH. Chris