[R-sig-Geo] help: krigged map do not show colours

Jon Skoien jon.skoien at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Tue Aug 4 11:39:13 CEST 2015

Hi,

You have attached some data, but we still dont know exactly what you do
with the data (do you use the logarithm, how many bins, did you project
the data set...?). However, having had a quick look using the LatLong
coordinates (not really recommended), I can see that the variogram from
this data set is not particularly well defined, and it could well be
that you fitted a model with pure nugget effect. In that case you will
get the same prediction everywhere and no color differences.

Have a look at
 > summary(map)
and particularly the summary of var1.pred.
You could also plot the variogram of the data together with your model,
vmf, and see how they fit.

I am not sure what you mean by not being able to create a prediction
grid with data included. Do you mean that you want a grid which exactly
overlays some of the data points? Matching one point should not be
difficult, 2 and 3 should be possible, but you might get some problems
with precision (FAQ 7.31).

Best wishes,
Jon