[R-sig-Geo] Problem clipping SpatialPolygonDataFrame

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:16:22 CEST 2015

Luciano,
The extent you are using to crop is the same as the extent of the
entire extent, so it does not surprise me that there is no change.
Here is an example that works:

library(raster)
library(rgeos)
g <- getData('GADM', country='ARG', level=1)
e <- extent(-63.6, -55.1, -32.8, -27.6)
x <- crop(g, e)
plot(g)
plot(x, add=TRUE, border='blue', lwd=2)