[R-sig-Geo] [DKIM] Re: FW: Spatial sampling design using information more than spatial coordinates [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Jin.Li at ga.gov.au Jin.Li at ga.gov.au
Mon Apr 13 03:57:07 CEST 2015

Tom #1,

After discussion, the needs of the design now have been simplified as:
	1) stratify the survey area based on both spatial coordinates and bathymetry zones and
	2) then pinpoint the locations for 100 samples.

The purpose of this survey to my understanding is to collect some baseline information of seabed sediment and water properties as currently no information is available for these properties in the region to be surveyed.

I will try what you suggested and see if it makes our client happy. Thank you a lot for your kind help!

BTW, the function spsample.prob seems not available in the current GSIF (I am  using R version 3.1.0 and just updated GSIF). Where could I get it or should I install the latest version of R?
Regards,
Jin