[R-sig-Geo] Define aliases in shapefiles

Arnaud Mosnier a.mosnier at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:51:11 CEST 2015

Creating a .qml file for visualisation in QGIS is easy as it is an HTML
file like this.

<qgis>
  <aliases>
    <alias field="test" index="2" name="HEREISMYNEWNAMEhgfgfdcgt"/>
  </aliases>
</qgis>

So I will create this for each of my shapefile ... but I expected that it
could be embedded into the other "classic" shapefile files and could be
read everywhere (it least in the most common GIS softwares).

Have a good day !

Arnaud