[R-sig-Geo] Loading Rasters in Revolution R

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 24 17:57:25 CEST 2014

I'll mention the problem you are describing is what I designed
"rasterEngine" (part of the spatial.tools package) for.  It will allow
you to do parallel processing of rasters with arbitrarily complex
functions applied to pixels or focal windows.  Don't even need
Revolution to use it, just good 'ol base R!

--j

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Ista Zahn <istazahn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a question for Revolution...
>
> Best,
> Ista
>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Jefferson Ferreira-Ferreira
> <jecogeo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm wondering how to load rasters as xdf files using rxImport. I have a big
>> raster with 9 layers/bands and I need to do perform a logistic regression
>> for each pixel throughout bands. So It's a huge processing, and why I'm
>> testing Revolution R Enterprise.
>> However I don't know how to import as xdf files to perform parallel
>> processing inside it. Almost blogs and tutorials deals with ordinary csv
>> files.
>>
>> Could anybody give me any guidance?
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> --
>>
>> *Jefferson Ferreira-Ferreira*
>>
>> Geógrafo – GEOPROCESSAMENTO IDSM | Coordenadoria de TI
>>

>> Jefferson.ferreira at mamiraua.org.br
>>
>> *Instituto de Desenvolvimento Sustentável Mamirauá*
>>
>> Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Inovação
>>
>> Telefone: +55 97 3343-9710
>>
>> *Google Maps* - Mapas deste e-mail:
>>
>> Exibir mapa ampliado
>> <https://maps.google.com.br/maps?q=-3.355557,-64.731151&ll=-3.355471,-64.731145&spn=0.004632,0.006968&num=1&t=h&z=18>
>>

>> *Contatos particulares:*
>> *(55) 9615-0100*

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Assistant Professor
Global Environmental Analysis and Remote Sensing (GEARS) Laboratory
Department of Geography and Geographic Information Science
259 Computing Applications Building, MC-150
605 East Springfield Avenue
Champaign, IL  61820-6371
Phone: 217-300-1924
http://www.geog.illinois.edu/~jgrn/