[R-sig-Geo] gdal --config options

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 7 17:56:45 CEST 2014

(cc'ing r-sig-geo to preserve the answer)

AH, ok, so gdalUtils DOES support this option, in theory.  If you look
at the help for gdal_translate, for instance, you can see you can use
the "co" flag.  Again, in theory (haven't tested this out) you could
do something like:

gdal_translate(...,co="COMPRESS_OVERVIEW DEFLATE")

Note that all I've done is wrap gdal parameters with R, so anything
GDAL can do, the R wrapper should do as well.  If you look at:
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html

you'll see the "-co" flag listed there.  In addition, if there are
ever any functions that are missing from my wrappers, you can pass
them along to the various gdalUtils functions with the
"additional_commands" flag, so you could also have done:

gdal_translate(...,additional_commands="-co COMPRESS_OVERVIEW DEFLATE")

Let me know if this works and, if not, drop a sample file someplace so
I can replicate the problem.  Cheers!

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD