[R-sig-Geo] rsaga.import.gdal gives weird output

boukepieter boukepieter.ottow at wur.nl
Wed Nov 12 08:55:57 CET 2014

Dear list,

For the record; I found a workaround for the mentioned issue.
It seems that when changing the file from tiff to sdat something goes wrong
in the transformation. In the 'GDAL: import raster' tool of SAGA there is an
option to turn transformation on and choose what method to use. This tool
can also be accessed from R with:
> rsaga.geoprocessor(lib="io_gdal", module=0,
> param=list(GRIDS=paste(getwd(),"RSAGA/Rtest.sgrd",sep="/"),

FILES=paste(getwd(),"source/DEM.tif",sep="/"),
                                                      TRANSFORM=TRUE,
INTERPOL=1))

And this gives the right result with the same data.

Regards,
Bouke Pieter Ottow