[R-sig-Geo] Can anyone recommend an areal interpolation package?

Jon Olav Skoien jon.skoien at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Jul 7 09:51:47 CEST 2014

Hi Juta,

You could try with the rtop package which also does area to area
interpolation, but with a different method than the one used by ArcGIS.
It was developed for a rather different use case (hydrological variables
along stream networks), but should also be able to deal with data of the
type you describe.

Best wishes,
Jon