[R-sig-Geo] property value estimation

Emre Aydın aydiney at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 10 09:04:57 CET 2014

Hello

I found R in my internet search to solve my regression analysis problem.
Let's say I have point cloud data which geographic coordinates and some
attribute values. Most of you probably be familiar with the property value
estimation methods for a given coordinate position and attribute values.

Let's say each point has attributes like m2, room count, bath count, house
age and price.
In GIS you do interpolation for each point with one value. As you see here I
have more than one value. So I think I cannot do it in GIS unless I group
each data set with similar attributes to reach one single value for
interpolation.

Is there a similar problem walkthrough or example in R which does not
implement an inefficient solution like grouping similar attributes to reach
a single value?
My statistical knowledge only tells me that somehow I can use all of the
attributes together to perform property value estimation. I found that multi
variate regression analysis is the solution but each data has coordinates so
there must be a solution in R to use the dataset coordinates and attribute
values together.

Thank you.
Emre